Our extensive real estate practice includes representation of buyers and sellers in residential and commercial transactions. Our representation of real estate clients covers all phases of the buy/sell transaction, including but not limited to, the following:
- Drafting or review of the offer to purchase
- Assisting in satisfaction of contingencies in the offer to purchase
- Obtaining required permits, licenses and administrative approvals
- Obtaining needed zoning changes
- Analyzing and solving title issues
- Preparation and analysis of documents for closing
- Conducting closings
- Attending to post-closing matters
One of the most important services we provide our real estate clients is counseling them on what contingencies need to be included in offers to purchase, including, but not limited to, structural, environmental and boundary concerns, legal access issues and whether a specific property is a viable choice for its intended use.
In addition to representation of clients in buy/sell transactions, our real estate practice also includes representation of clients in zoning and land division matters, assessment challenges, easements and restrictive covenants, 1031 like-kind exchanges, residential and commercial landlord/tenant matters, and all other matters involving real estate.
Our firm is an authorized title agent for Attorneys Title Guaranty Fund, which allows us to issue title commitments and policies for our clients’ transactions. This in turn gives us an advantage in assisting clients with resolution of title issues in a transaction in a prompt and cost effective manner.